Being foodies, we always love to try off-beat foods and so visiting a joint known for its tribal delicacies was always on our wishlist. Situated near Salt lake Swimming Pool, this place has a tribal themed interior decoration.
Opening a restaurant whose USP is tribal cuisine and seafood is really very challenging and brave decision and so far they have done really well. Banshpora mutton with soru chakli ruti and smoked octopus are two highly recommended dish by us for the tribal and seafood category respectively.
Now let us walk you through the other delicacies one by one.
1) Jadoh rice: We loved this tribal cuisine from Meghalaya named Jadoh rice which is a combination of red rice with mutton pieces. It is bit on the spicy side but very tasty.
2) Jhupu Pisi’s Mutton: This was no doubt one of our favorite’s now. It is a dish from Mizoram locally known as Voksa Rep Chum. It has got smoked tender mutton with mustard leaves in amazing flavorful gravy. It tastes homely and heavenly. Best part is this dish comes is accompanied with a dessert, tilhou kheer.
3) Schezwan Pepper Squid: The squids were fried and then cooked in schezwan sauce. The gravy was very tasty and there were generous amount of squids in it.
4) Seafood Malaysian Rice: A green colored rice dish with generous amount of squids, fish and prawns in it. Tastes nice but nothing very special about it.
5) Forbidden Black Rice (Chicken/Mutton): There is a total mystery about this dish. Forbidden black rice is a North-Eastern delicacy with comes wrapped in banana leaves. Its a sticky black rice containing minced chicken or mutton based on your order. It also contains some other ingredients and tastes delicious. This platter also comes with a dessert. The dessert though looks very strange but tastes heavenly.
6) Wine Chilly Horse Mackerel: This dish contains two medium size of horse mackerel tossed with wine and sauces. Though this item is listed in the starters, it can be taken as a part of main course also.
The staffs are friendly and polite. Except for few items most of the food items tastes average but the price, quantity ratio is very good. A good place for a big group to have a nice meal.
3,426 thoughts to “Santa’s Fantasea – A Tribal and Seafood Restaurant”